OT: Mandrake 9.1

Aahz aahz at pythoncraft.com
Fri May 16 00:28:59 EDT 2003

IIRC, someone (Alex?) was complaining about not getting Mandrake 9.1
shipped on time.  I finally received my copy today, and I had a much
less happy experience than with upgrading from 8.x to 9.0 (which was
extremely smooth).  The main problem was that the upgrade somehow changed
my keyboard layout to "Bulgarian" (or some other Eastern European layout
-- don't remember which).  Diagnosing and repairing this took much of the
day.  Then I decided to try installing some new software.  Fax2Send added
a service, but didn't play nicely with DrakConf, so I had to hunt it
down when it interfered with my modem.

Yeah, yeah, next time I'll stick with Debian.

"In many ways, it's a dull language, borrowing solid old concepts from
many other languages & styles:  boring syntax, unsurprising semantics,
few automatic coercions, etc etc.  But that's one of the things I like
about it."  --Tim Peters on Python, 16 Sep 93