[wanted] Python news threader/archiver

Thomas Guettler guettli at thomas-guettler.de
Wed Jun 4 15:03:19 EDT 2003

On Wed, Jun 04, 2003 at 11:31:11AM -0400, Greg Wilson wrote:
> I am looking for Pythonware that will download news items from an NNTP feed
> for archival storage, and construct a threaded index page as it does so.
> Barry Warsaw has pointed out that I can do this using Mailman, but that
> seems like a rather large hammer.  If anyone has something that will do
> this, please let me know.

My python Product for Zope can display mails as threads. It reads the
messages from a directory. You could get the messages with nntplib and
then use OOPServer for displaying them.

You can get the source from http://guettli.sf.net. Unfortunately the
online demo does not include the email module.

Beside displaying threads you can search for authors and text in the
messages.

 thomas

--
Thomas Guettler <guettli at thomas-guettler.de>