[wanted] Python news threader/archiver

andrew cooke andrew at acooke.org
Wed Jun 4 18:09:53 EDT 2003

this isn't the solution you're asking for, but it may solve what you
really want to do :o) (if not, apologies + please ignore).

i get this group by mailing list (there's a group-to-mail gateway at
python.org).  i then store the articles in a local imap mail server
and read them with gnus, which includes an imap-to-nntp converter.  so
i archive the whole group locally (in a maildir file) and then can
either search it directly with my mail client, or read it as threaded
news in emacs with gnus.

works really well for me, but it requires a unix box and some free
time...

cheers,
andrew

http://www.acooke.org