GUI

Alan Gauld alan.gauld at btinternet.com
Sat Jun 14 08:47:31 EDT 2003

> On Fri, 13 Jun 2003 17:12:14 +0200
> Tom <llafba at gmx.net> wrote:
> > I heard that it is possible to program GUI's with Python. I have to make
> > some simple executable programs with a GUI. They should run on Windows.
> > Unfortunately I am not very experienced with Python. That's why I would
> > appreciate suggestions for an easy to use software. :-)

You can use GUI builders like Boa constructor or BlackAdder but
if its a simple GUI you will be just as quick using the native(ie
it comes with Python)  Tkinter toolkit. There is a very basic
intro to GUI programming using Tkinter on my web tutor:

If you think Tkinter is good enough for your needs there is a
much more advanced tutor linked from the Tkinter section of the
Python web site.

Alan G.