GUI

John J. Lee jjl at pobox.com
Sat Jun 14 11:19:28 EDT 2003

Tom <llafba at gmx.net> writes:

> I heard that it is possible to program GUI's with Python. I have to
> make some simple executable programs with a GUI. They should run on
> Windows. Unfortunately I am not very experienced with Python. That's
> why I would appreciate suggestions for an easy to use software. :-)
[...]

PyQt + Qt designer.  Qt designer is quite similar to the VB GUI
builder, I think (not sure about VBA), but boa constructor for wx does
look similar (from a glance at a screenshot).

I've *never* heard anybody claim that wx is easier to use or better
designed than Qt, though.  The only significant advantage of wx over
Qt, AFAIK, is that it's free on the Mac and Windows -- but there is a
non-commercial Qt 2.x version (make sure you get the latest version of
PyQt that works with the non-commercial Qt/win release before you
start).

John