Python vs. C++ Builder - speed of development

Brandon Van Every vanevery at 3DProgrammer.com
Fri Jan 31 18:39:30 EST 2003

Mongryong wrote:
> On Fri, 2003-01-31 at 15:52, Nick Vargish wrote:
>> I didn't take any formal programming courses after High School,
> Imagine what the world would be like had Bill Gates actually graduated
> with a Computer Science degree....ah, everybody would have a true
> Unix-like machine with Python already installed on it...

No, you wouldn't.  People who don't give a crap about degrees get things
done.  That's why Microsoft is the business juggernaut that it is.  People
at Microsoft know that technology isn't the dominant component, business is.
The university guy is Linus Torvaldis.  Linux has the market growth pattern
of an engineer-centric product.

20% of the world is real.