blood flow to the brain (was)

Brandon Van Every vanevery at 3DProgrammer.com
Fri Jan 31 18:57:30 EST 2003

Laura Creighton wrote:

> Alas.  I hope the Buddhists and Hindus are correct.  One lifetime
> isn't enough.

I think one of the main challenges of life - particularly poignant to a
coder - is not to get bogged down in intractable complexity.  Really, you
could clean your house every day.  You could plan where every atom of dust
is supposed to go.  But that merely creates a lot of labor for you.
Similarly, it is not important to try to correlate bloodflow in the brain
with programming style.  Nor to get bogged down in how every brick in the
apartment building across the street is slightly different from every other
brick.  It's actually pretty amazing that living organisms negotiate all
this complexity so deftly.  Why shouldn't a snail, for instance, become
infinitely confused about available food sources?  Because then it would
die.

20% of the world is real.