C-ISAM

Matteo Memelli ryujin at libero.it
Tue Jan 14 04:32:28 EST 2003

On Mon, 13 Jan 2003 14:48:02 +0100, Richard Sharp wrote:

> On Sun, 12 Jan 2003 12:13:18 +0000, Matteo Memelli wrote:
>
>> Anybody knows if and how is it possible to access to C-ISAM files with
>> python? Is there any module or API to do that? Thx alot
>>
>> Matte
>
> If we are talking about the same thing, the short answer to your question
> is yes, but I suspect that there is no ready software for doing the job.
> For the Informix libraries I wrapped some C-Routine using SWIG and I can
> at least confirm that it works.
>
> At the time, the company I worked for had a number of C-Programs that were
> actually used for accessing the database, so I didn't wrap the C_ISAM
> Routines directly but instead wrapped those (application specific)
> routines. But there should be no problem in wrapping the basic C-ISAM
> routines.

First of all, thx for your answer... :)
WHERE SHOULD I START? I've never worked on Informix Platform! Do I have to
find the set of routines you were talking about and then try to wrap them
using SWIG? Is it hard to find on the system the basic C-ISAM routines?
Sorry for the dumb question but I'm newbie on ISAM files...I always worked
on RDBMS.
thx
	Matte