C-ISAM

Richard Sharp rbsharp at gmx.de
Mon Jan 13 08:48:02 EST 2003

On Sun, 12 Jan 2003 12:13:18 +0000, Matteo Memelli wrote:

> Anybody knows if and how is it possible to access to C-ISAM files with
> python? Is there any module or API to do that? Thx alot
>
> Matte

If we are talking about the same thing, the short answer to your question
is yes, but I suspect that there is no ready software for doing the job.
For the Informix libraries I wrapped some C-Routine using SWIG and I can
at least confirm that it works.

At the time, the company I worked for had a number of C-Programs that were
actually used for accessing the database, so I didn't wrap the C_ISAM
Routines directly but instead wrapped those (application specific)
routines. But there should be no problem in wrapping the basic C-ISAM
routines.

Richard Sharp