Python newbie looking into communications...

Sam Marrocco samSPAMMENOT at twmi.rr.com
Sat Jan 25 21:31:00 EST 2003

I'm looking into writing a small application that can run on multiple
platforms (linux, windows, irix) that needs simple communications with a
Visual Basic.Net application. I'm writing both apps, and the main app
*must* be vb.net.

I'd like the little Python apps that run on several machines to be able
to communicate back and forth with the main vb.net app using (possibly)
udp communications. I don't want the extra headaches involved in
maintaining open connections (TCP)...something along the lines of:

SendData(MachineName,Data)

Since I'm a newbie to Python, any tips/directions I should look into?
I'm still exploring language possibilities, and Python's interests me
the most so far....portability is important.

Any help greatly appreciated!
Sam J. Marrocco
Sr. Visual Effects Artist/R&D
Travelling Pictures/GTN
Inferno, Flame, Houdini, Maya, All that cool stuff!
"The fact that no one understands you doesn't make you an artist."