Python newbie looking into communications...

Chetan Gadgil cgjunkaddr at attbi.com.nospam
Sun Jan 26 11:19:34 EST 2003

You can also look into my "kobra" library - .NET for python.

http://www.gadgil.net/DotNetWrapperForPython.htm

In effect, you app could use thid module to talk to the VB.NET app and
interface with other platforms using Frederick Lunch's excellent xmlrpclib
(standard in Python).

The module is now quite usable, I am posting examples on:
1) How to interface with .NET webservices
2) Use windows forms (.NET)
3) XML processing using .NET libraries
4) Use COM without Mark Hammond's superb "win32com", using only "kobra"

Alternatively, if you want to use production quality code, I would advise
you to go for Mark Hammond's win32all.
Then create a COM/.NET dual interface on you VB.NET app and use from
win32com

Regards
Chetan
(My public address IS "cgjunkaddr at attbi dot com")

news:ELHY9.123260$GF.30808722 at twister.columbus.rr.com...