Python use growing or shrinking

Greg Brunet gbrunet at nospamsempersoft.com
Tue Jan 21 22:07:37 EST 2003

"Erik Max Francis" <max at alcyone.com> wrote in message
news:3E2DFCFD.ECDE42AC at alcyone.com...
> As a secondary thought (I'm replying again to the same post, my
> apologies), upon glancing at the site again, I would say that there is
> some serious question of upfront bias in the presentation; I just
> noticed the subtitle to the page is
>
> C# still on track to become number 1 within 2 years time

The Salon article mentions that they are a tool vendor, and it looks
like they've got at least on Java tool.  Given that & the C# / Java
fight for mindshare, I would expect them to be biased toward those 2
tools.  It's interesting that they show Perl at #4 and growing
(slightly).  Especially when I look at something like VB which is
mentioned locally 45 jobs vs. 12 jobs for Perl.  I can imagine that the
growth rate for C# might be very high right now, though I don't think
that it would be too valid to project it's future growth rate based on
that.

--
Greg