Physical libraries (was: Python and p2p)

Andrew Dalke adalke at mindspring.com
Fri Feb 7 12:39:42 EST 2003

Geoff Gerrietts:
> I also heard reports that [InterLibrary Loan] service was available in at
> least some places in Africa. Maybe those are exceptional cases; maybe
> only university libraries. And South and Central America, I have no news
> on.

I volunteered for ILL at our local library.  We occasionally got a book
from Central America, so it does exist and there are some links to the
US ILL system.

Now that I know ILL exists, I've been using it because our nearest
academic library is about an hour away, so when I find a reference to,
eg, a framework for application undo as mentioned in the Python 6
(San Jose) proceedings and I can't find it online (!), I can make a
request.

(See, I managed to put it back on topic :)

                    Andrew
                    dalke at dalkescientific.com