Web application development in Python?

Ian Bicking ianb at colorstudy.com
Tue Feb 4 15:09:23 EST 2003

On Tue, 2003-02-04 at 09:11, Hans Nowak wrote:
> However, there is a slight problem.  The eventual app will run on Linux, but it
> will have to be developed on Windows.  Most of the programs above seem to be
> Linux- (or more specifically, Apache-) oriented.  Also, if possible, we'd
> rather avoid CGI, because of the overhead it incurs.  (For testing and
> developing it's fine, but not when we actually run the app "live".)

As mentioned before, Webware works fine on Windows, and has been used
like this by a number of core developers.  You may want to try 0.8b3
(0.8 just around the corner)... the install guide has been updated
(though I need more feedback from Windows users).  You should use the
WebKit.exe CGI adapter -- when you move to Linux (or Apache on Windows)
using a faster adapter is seamless.

--
Ian Bicking           Colorstudy Web Development
ianb at colorstudy.com   http://www.colorstudy.com