Can Python be run off of a CD-ROM?

BJ MacNevin BJ at replyhere.now
Tue Dec 2 00:19:29 EST 2003

Hi all,

I teach middle school and am currently trying to bring some computer science
to the students. Our district has a wonderfully linked network throughout
all our schools... done via MS Windows Network. In order to protect the
network, our district's IT department does not want things installed on the
system (or at least makes it VERY difficult to get it done). SO, I am using
MSW Logo installed onto a CD-ROM... we just stick in the CD-ROMS and run it
off of them.

BUT, I am learning about Python and think it is TERRIFIC! So I wonder if I
can do the same thing... or something similar? Is there a way to install
Python on a CD-ROM, too, if we don't need it to be accessed from a command
prompt?

Thanks,
BJ MacNevin

--