Some problems for exercises

Miki Tebeka mikit at zoran.co.il
Sun Dec 7 15:22:46 EST 2003

Hello Vivek,

> 1. Basic Language facilities : (Data structures, control structures,
> input/output, object oriented programming etc.)
>
> 2. A brief (rather very brief) Introduction to GUI programming with Tkinter
>
> 3. CGI programming in Python
>
> 4. Database programming with PostgreSQL
> So, as usual I have turned to you u people for help :). Please suggest me some
> such problems and where to look for it.

I suggest an electronic phonebook. The 1'st command line version
should be enough for 1 (open file, go over lines, use regexps, people
as classes and save them using pickle ...). Then add GUI for 2, web
interface for 3 and database for 4.
It is also nice to see a program evolving and you don't have to
explain too much time describing the problem when moving from one area
to the other.

HTH.
Miki.