Some problems for exercises

vivek at cs.unipune.ernet.in vivek at cs.unipune.ernet.in
Sun Dec 7 05:26:38 EST 2003

Hi all,

  Here we are conducting a QIP program for teachers in other colleges. I am
assigned the job of taking lectures in Python. Although there will be not much
time (exactly speaking : 4 hours) for me to tell them each and everything in
python, I am trying to cover as much as I can. Here are the areas which I am
planning to cover :

1. Basic Language facilities : (Data structures, control structures,
input/output, object oriented programming etc.)

2. A brief (rather very brief) Introduction to GUI programming with Tkinter

3. CGI programming in Python

4. Database programming with PostgreSQL

Although I have prepared the presentation slides etc. I was unable to think of
some good problems for exercises, which can cover the above mentioned topics
well and also by solving them they can learn Python in an easy and fast way.

So, as usual I have turned to you u people for help :). Please suggest me some
such problems and where to look for it.

TIA,
Vivek Kumar