ANN: lunatic-python 0.1

Terry Reedy tjreedy at udel.edu
Sat Dec 13 14:36:18 EST 2003

"Paul Rubin" <http://phr.cx@NOSPAM.invalid> wrote
in message
> But you left out the most important question:
WHY?

Generically, people experiment because they find a
project interesting or challenging.  Besides ego,
they post in case there are at least a couple of
the thousands of readers and archive searchers
interested in the topic.

[second post]
> Well, yeah, but Python is sort of similar, and
somebody who chooses
> one has generally decided that it fills their
needs better than the
> other.  So why such a fancy interface between
them?

Suppose a Python afficionado, like me, find an app
that he wants to use that has Lua as the scripting
engine (I have seen such) and the person, like me,
does not really want to learn Lua.  A bridge
requiring only a minimum of Lua knowledge would
make the app more interesting.

Terry J. Reedy