ANN: lunatic-python 0.1

Arthur ajsiegel at optonline.com
Sat Dec 13 09:28:26 EST 2003

On Sat, 13 Dec 2003 11:55:12 -0200, Gustavo Niemeyer
<niemeyer at conectiva.com> wrote:

>> But you left out the most important question:  WHY?
>
>That's *exactly* the second topic in the web page, but since you
>obviously haven't looked at it, why do you care? Keep your
>arrogance for yourself please.

I found the recent thread on Prototype based programming (I don't
really know what that means, BTW) interesting enough to follow the
thread to the IO Language site:

http://www.iolanguage.com/

Which mentions Lua as an influence.

Which led me to the fact the  Steve Dekorte (the IO BDFL) most recent
project before IO was Yindo:

http://www.yindo.com/

"Next generation web apps" which was (its abondoned) browser plug-in
enabled Lua with built in 3d and sound.  Simple download of plug-in
and do the demos - and its nice.

Connecting this up with Python sures sounds very intriguing to me.

And I am going to have a play.

Art