What GUI toolkit looks the best?

Edward K. Ream edreamleo at charter.net
Fri Dec 12 10:28:10 EST 2003

> Please don't let one person's experience spoil you on the idea of
> at least investigating wxPython for your own use.

Actually, I think we are in "virulent agreement".  I have never suggested
writing off wxWindows/wxPython, as Leo's wxPython plugin shows.  I merely
suggest due caution.

My experience isn't that wxWindows doesn't work at all, it is that it takes
a lot more work to make wxWindows work as I expect than with, say, Tkinter.
It's a cost/risk issue.  I should have made that clearer.  wxPython reduces
that cost difference substantially, and Python provides ways of end-running
problems that didn't exist when I was using C++.

Edward
Edward K. Ream   email:  edreamleo at charter.net
Leo: Literate Editor with Outlines