ANNOUNCE: xsdb -- the eXtremely Simple Database goes alpha

Wolfgang Lipp lipp at epost.de
Mon Dec 29 10:37:41 EST 2003

hi,

thanks for some great ideas and implementations. i'm in the course of
testing out whether xsdb could be useful for my present project,
and i like it! one minor thing i've found is that when i create
a database, populate it, commit, and then re-open it, i get a nasty
xsdb.xsdbExceptions.RollBackError: write attempt after younger read
exception. this turned out to be avoidable by placing time.sleep(1)
between the commit and the re-open. i guess the culprit might be
on line 34 of xsdb\Connection.py: self.startTime = int(time()).
maybe this should be changed to sth like int(time()*TIME_GRANULARITY),
with the constant being a number in the hundreds or thousands?

_wolf