Quicktime in python

Michael Hudson mwh at python.net
Mon Dec 29 09:11:15 EST 2003

Wesley Fraser <ugly_411 at sympatico.ca> writes:

> Hey everyone.
>
> Does anyone know if there has been a basic, ornot so basic
> implimentation of quicktime in python? If not, is there a reasonably
> straight forward way of accessing quicktime from python?

I believe MacPython has a wrapper (and if you use PyObjC you should be
able to use the Cocoa movie classes).  If you're on Windows, does it
have a COM interface?  If you just want an easy way of playing a
movie, pygame can do that, but probably with less codec support.

Actually *implementing* QT in Python would seem to be a bit of a
fool's errand.

Cheers,
mwh

--
  The ultimate laziness is not using Perl.  That saves you so much
  work you wouldn't believe it if you had never tried it.