SCALAPACK and PBLAS in Python

Pierre Schnizer P.Schnizer at nospam.gsi.de
Tue Aug 5 03:36:57 EDT 2003

"Vicente Galiano" <vgaliano at umh.es> writes:

> Hi everybody,
>

> I'm searching differents tools for Python programming using parallelism
> tools...., I've seen PyPar, PyMPI an d Scientific Python, but I'm
> lookingo for implementations in python of SCALAPACK, on the other
> hand,.... How can I implement PBLAS and SCALAPACK callings in python??
> ,if I make a library in C, it's posibble run scalapack and the MPI
> proccess that=92s runs under it...

As these routines as written in Fortran, try f2py. It will also write the C
interface and array size checkers for you. It is available at:
http://cens.ioc.ee/projects/f2py2e/

The scipy project (http://www.scipy.org) uses f2py to generate its wrappers
for blas and lapack. Have a look in their tree e.g:
           scipy/Lib/linalg/flapack.pyf
           scipy/Lib/linalg/generic_fblas1.pyf

Best Regards
	Pierre