Strange values in Accept-Language header?

Jeff Davis jdavis at empires.org
Tue Sep 24 05:56:20 EDT 2002

> I have no idea what these could mean (I've changed the actual values
> BTW, on the remote off-chance that somebody's highly personal
> information was coded in there)

If I had highly personal information, I probably wouldn't send it out with
all of my HTTP requests ;-)

> D: Some form of cracking attempt involving a buffer-overrun
> vulnerability?

That seems the most likely of your suggestions.

I really don't know what those extra characters mean. Do you think it might
have to do with some related preference like fonts or the screen or
something? Perhaps if you posted the secret info someone else might notice
something.

Regards,
        Jeff