Strange values in Accept-Language header?

Alan Kennedy alanmk at hotmail.com
Mon Sep 23 17:03:02 EDT 2002

Dear all,

I know that this is not quite the correct place to post this question,
but I'm not sure where else to go with it (suggestions? nice ones :-).
And I know that there are plenty of web developers/masters here, and
they might be interested.....

On looking at my server logs for the Accept-Language headers (to
answer another post in this group), I came across some strange values
that are definitely not ISO language codes. For example,

I have no idea what these could mean (I've changed the actual values
BTW, on the remote off-chance that somebody's highly personal
information was coded in there)

They are obviously not meant to convey language preferences, in a
general sense.

Perhaps they are