Hello Newb here

Cameron Laird claird at starbase.neosoft.com
Wed May 8 23:16:41 EDT 2002

In article <9VkC8.12535$2E.446014 at news2.ulv.nextra.no>,
Erlend J. Leiknes <nookieNO_SP_AM at online.no> wrote:
			.
>You should be able to do alot of stuff after 5 days in python...
>(like writing code without constantly looking in the API documentation etc
>;)
>
>And for a beginner, stay far away from GUI, you will learn that later. (or
>you can use cgi/html as a frontend for your programs)
			.
			.
			.
Not necessarily.  Some beginners start with GUIing,
and find Python quite congenial.  An even larger
number, I'd estimate, understand Tkinter quicker
than they do CGI.

Your advice might be right in this case.  It's not
universal, though, from what I can tell.
--

Cameron Laird <Cameron at Lairds.com>
Business:  http://www.Phaseit.net