Industry monitor

Cameron Laird claird at starbase.neosoft.com
Fri May 31 11:57:42 EDT 2002

Sometimes people post texts of the form, "We're doing X,
because we want to be ready when Well-Known Vendor M
moves the entire industry to technology T."  This usually
inspires a round of, "No, no, use S, or X, or R" and other
confusions.

As much as I admire the intellectual enthusiasm of those
who try to keep up with "technologic imperatives", I'm with
Joel on its inefficacy <URL: http://
www.joelonsoftware.com/articles/fog0000000339.html >.

HOWEVER, if you truly feel a need to know what's going to
happen next, *Microsoft Watch* <URL: http://
www.ziffdavis.com/mswatch/index.asp > is a publication I
can recommend, although I have no connection to the author,
publisher, and so on.
--

Cameron Laird <Cameron at Lairds.com>
Business:  http://www.Phaseit.net