Slight irritation with try/finally indentation

François Pinard pinard at iro.umontreal.ca
Sat May 4 10:56:33 EDT 2002

[Steve Holden]

> "François Pinard" <pinard at iro.umontreal.ca> wrote in message
> news:mailman.1019657853.14965.python-list at python.org...
> > Hello, people.
> >
> > There is something which I find slightly irritating with the try/finally
> > construct, and wonder if someone would not have a good advice to offer.

> [obscure indentation topic]

> Well, my advice would be to get on with your life, but I can't really hope
> you'll see this as "good".  Sheesh, don't you have *anything* to do? <wink>

I surely see the `<wink>' :-).

You know, programming is a form of art, and producing nice programs is not
unrelated to painting or composing music, which usually are an end in itself.

The inherent legibility of the Python language is surely a productivity
device for most people, but it also has its own artistic virtues.  For many
of us, it is worth spending some time so our programs are more beautiful,
for the pure sake of art.  Moreover, and interestingly, a common side-effect
of such an effort is that programs get more maintainable!