Why isn't pychecker mentioned prominently?

Pete Shinners shredwheat at attbi.com
Sat Mar 2 13:31:23 EST 2002

Edward K. Ream wrote:
> I just found out about pychecker (http://pychecker.sourceforge.net/) and
> I am wondering why it isn't mentioned prominently all over the Python
> web site: the tutorial, the links on the left and side of the home page,
> topics guides, general reference etc.  I found out about it from reading
> one of Guido's recent presentations in which he mentions it as one of
> his favorite Python tools.  So why is pychecker such a secret?

i heartily agree. i now try to use pychecker on absolutely everything i
do. i really wish it came as part of the standard distribution. it could
easily be enabled on the commandline with some sort of -wall.

heck, python recently added the full "warning" framework. it seems like
an ideal place to tie that all in. then users can control if the
pychecker warnings were silenced, printed, or treated as exceptions.