Why isn't pychecker mentioned prominently?

Martin v. Loewis martin at v.loewis.de
Sun Mar 3 15:40:41 EST 2002

"Edward K. Ream" <edream at tds.net> writes:

> I just found out about pychecker (http://pychecker.sourceforge.net/) and
> I am wondering why it isn't mentioned prominently all over the Python
> web site: the tutorial, the links on the left and side of the home page,
> topics guides, general reference etc.

Two reasons:

a) it is mentioned prominently. Guido mentioned as hist favourite tool
   both in the proceedings and his keynote at IPC10. It can't get more
   prominent than that, in the Python world :-)

b) because it is fairly new, and evolving

c) because nobody submitted patches to the tutorial.

(you always get three reasons in a message that says it will give two
reasons :-)

Regards,
Martin