Good book on Python?

Brett g Porter BgPorter at NOartlogicSPAM.com
Thu Mar 14 09:35:28 EST 2002

"Federico Caboni" <msx at crs4.it> wrote in message
news:B8B657B9.B46%msx at crs4.it...
> On 14-03-2002 12:26, in article
> Pine.GSO.4.43.0203141117120.6137-100000 at muir, "Antonis C Koutalos"
> <ack at ee.ed.ac.uk> wrote:
>

> Hi,
> There are a lot of books about Python nowadays (and, yes,that's GOOD).
> I found "Python Essential Reference" by New Riders a very useful book
> (that is, if you want a brief but deep explanation of the language,
> Provided that you had previous programming experience with other
> Languages..) but, AFAIK, it's still based on Python 1.5.2.
The second edition (updated to Python 2.1) has been available for some time
now. I second the recommendation.

--
// Brett g Porter * Lead Engineer, Development Practices
// BgPorter at artlogic.com * www.artlogic.com