Streaming XML-RPC?

Jeremy Bowers newsfroups at jerf.org
Mon Mar 25 11:37:08 EST 2002

Magnus Lie Hetland wrote:
> I'm thinking about implementing a library that uses the xml-part of
> XML-RPC (i.e. XML-RPC without the HTTP) in two-way persistent stream
> (tcp socket) somewhat like Jabber, to improve performance.

Why not Jabber? Jabber is meant to do that. It's designed to do that.
It's *begging* you to use it that way.

This is in stark contrast to HTTP. HTTP thinks you're nuts. HTTP will
fight you tooth and nail. HTTP is old, and hoary, and set in her ways.
And XML-RPC isn't exactly ecstatic about being streamed, either.

Why fight the system when you can work with another one?