SSL support in 2.2.1/win

Tim Peters tim_one at email.msn.com
Wed Jul 17 23:49:16 EDT 2002

[Gerald Squelart]
> I've downloaded and installed python 2.2.1 on my win2k machines, and
> tried my first program... And I was disappointed to see that SSL support
> is not enabled by default.

Wow!  I didn't know

    print "Hello, world."

required SSL <wink>.

> That was embarassing since my colleague made a similar
> program in perl, which seems to support SSL by default.
> Any reason for not including SSL by default?
> Do I have to rebuild the world to get SSL?
> Will it be included in future versions?

Help by giving Mark Hammond the feedback he's asking for:

    http://www.python.org/sf/576711

I can't make time for it, short of someone approaching my employer with an
unexpected offer to fund the work.  If it came to that, I'd advise paying
Mark to work on it instead.

if-he-gives-any-more-he'll-run-out-of-blood-ly y'rs  - tim