SSL support in 2.2.1/win

Gerald Squelart squelart at hotmail.nospam.com
Wed Jul 17 22:40:32 EDT 2002

Hi!

I've downloaded and installed python 2.2.1 on my win2k machines, and tried
my first program... And I was disappointed to see that SSL support is not
enabled by default. That was embarassing since my colleague made a similar
program in perl, which seems to support SSL by default.
Any reason for not including SSL by default?
Do I have to rebuild the world to get SSL?
Will it be included in future versions?

I'd just like to be able to give my little program to friends and tell them
'Just install python, then it will work'.

Maybe I'm wrong or something, please point me in the right direction then!

Cheers,
Gerald.