SSL support in 2.2.1/win

Gerhard Häring gerhard.haering at gmx.de
Wed Jul 17 23:23:25 EDT 2002

Gerald Squelart wrote in comp.lang.python:
> Oh, and I've just tried with python/cygwin, linux and bsd, they all
> have SSL built-in...  So, why the inconsistency?...

Because up to now, the Python win32 core developers (i. e. Tim Peters)
didn't have the time/energy to fix it. This is being addressed now by
a patch on Sourceforge.

Btw. your quoting sucks. You might want to read
http://www.uwasa.fi/~ts/http/quote.html

> "Gerald Squelart" <squelart at hotmail.nospam.com> wrote in message
> news:3d362ab9 at duster.adelaide.on.net...

It's called an attribution line, not an attribution novel.

>> I'd just like to be able to give my little program to friends and tell
> them

^^ This b0rken quoting is an Outlook (Express) misfeature. There are
technical solutions for fixing Outlook Express or you can just use a
real newsreader.

Gerhard
--
mail:   gerhard <at> bigfoot <dot> de       registered Linux user #64239
web:    http://www.cs.fhm.edu/~ifw00065/    OpenPGP public key id AD24C930