Adding Modules to precompiled installation of Python

Jayant Kulkarni jayant at tam.cornell.edu
Mon Jul 22 23:29:49 EDT 2002

 My problem I guess is very specific so I doubt if somebody has run into
it before but any general help would be appreciated.

 I am using the finite-element package Abaqus which comes with
precompiled Python (ver 1.5). I want to interface this with Matlab using
Pymat. (PyMat utility by Sterian). The problem is that as the python is
precompiled I do not know how to import new modules..

Additional info:
 The PyMat utility comes with PyMat.cpp and Pymat.pyd.
 I am on a Windows OS. (Though I have access to Linux, and I can work on
that system as well.. So solution to the problem in any OS should be of
help)

 Thanks for any help!
--
jayant kulkarni