Adding Modules to precompiled installation of Python

Chris Liechti cliechti at gmx.net
Tue Jul 23 09:42:44 EDT 2002

"Jayant Kulkarni" <jayant at tam.cornell.edu> wrote in
news:ahiii8$4u2$1 at news01.cit.cornell.edu:

>  My problem I guess is very specific so I doubt if somebody has run into
> it before but any general help would be appreciated.
>
>  I am using the finite-element package Abaqus which comes with
> precompiled Python (ver 1.5). I want to interface this with Matlab using
> Pymat. (PyMat utility by Sterian). The problem is that as the python is
> precompiled I do not know how to import new modules..
>
> Additional info:
>  The PyMat utility comes with PyMat.cpp and Pymat.pyd.
>  I am on a Windows OS. (Though I have access to Linux, and I can work on
> that system as well.. So solution to the problem in any OS should be of
> help)

have you tried to copy those file to the current directory an type (or make
a script with):

import PyMat

either it works or you'll get an exception from python. if you get an
exception, add it to you next msg. note that pyd must be compiled for a
specific python (major) version (i.e. 1.5/2.0/2.1 etc.). so you'll need
Pymat.pyd for 1.5

chris
--
Chris <cliechti at gmx.net>