Where is PyObject_DelItemString?

Ixokai stephen at myNOSPAM.org
Wed Jan 9 15:41:08 EST 2002

"Mark Hammond" <mhammond at skippinet.com.au> wrote in message
news:3C3B8C47.1070709 at skippinet.com.au...
> Ixokai wrote:
>
> > Hello all,
> >     The macro, PyMapping_DelItemString is directed into
> > PyObject_DelItemString in abstract.h, but neither I nor Visual C++ can
find
> > where the heck PyObject_DelItemString is defined on my system. Anyone
have
> > any pointers? I've even done a full-text-search to try to find any
reference
> > to it -- and can only find the abovementioned macro definition. That's
it.
> >     You see, i'm trying to compile SCXX and its having a minor fit
because
> > of a linking error as a result.
> >
> >     All help is appreciated. Thanks. :)
>

> In the current CVS tip, PyObject_DelItemString is defined at line 177 of
> OBjects/abstract.c - directly after PyObject_DelItem.

    Okay, I must be loosing it. :) I just updated my current CVS tree, and
opened up Objects/abstract.c and .h, and in both files, the only reference
to PyObject_DelItemString is the one mentioned above-- pointing
PyMapping_DIS to PyObject_DIS.
    In my copy, PyObject_DelItem in abstract.c is followed by
PyObject_AsCharBuffer.  And there is only one occurance of the string,
"PyObject_Del" in the file-- DelItem.
    *sniff* :)

> Mark.
--Stephen