Possible dumb query

ahimsa consulting ahimsa at inext.co.za
Tue Feb 12 00:24:44 EST 2002

Greeting Pythonites

This might qualify as one of those "really dumb questions", but:

Under Linux RH 7.2 when doing a search for which python ("$ which python") I
have discovered that I have one entry for python as /usr/bin/python and one
entry for python2.2 as /usr/bin/python2.2. My question is this: if I were to
delete the directory /usr/bin/python what impact - if any - will it have on
any of the libraries/ etc. that I would require to use python2.2

Once again, my apologies if this is a dumb query, but gotta learn somehow.

Much obliged

Andrew