Rotor in Jython?

Paul Rubin phr-n2002a at nightsong.com
Wed Feb 27 23:07:55 EST 2002

"Scherer, Bill" <Bill.Scherer at VerizonWireless.com> writes:
> I've a need to perform rotor decryption in Jython.  A quick
> search didn't reveal anything to help.  I've begun coding it in
> Python from rotormodule.c. My C knowledge is not strong, so there
> are spots that are surely not right.

I hope you're not the rotor module for computer security.  That cipher
is nowhere near as safe to use as a modern one like AES.

If you just have some old rotor-encrypted files you have to decrypt,
I'd say get to a CPython environment and use the existing rotor module
to decrypt them and be done with it.

Don't use the rotor module for new traffic that needs good security.