Python as an Object Oriented Programming Language

maney at pobox.com maney at pobox.com
Sun Dec 22 23:23:42 EST 2002

Tom <nonotreally999 at yahoo.com> wrote:
> Inevitable, eh?  That's a bit depressing, but it has the feeling of
> truth about it.  Perhaps that's how newsgroups age.

Since I was upbeat (sort of) already, I can be mildly depressing now
and still be in balance.  :-)  C. S. Lewis described it all:

  That is the key to history.  Terrific energy is expended -
  civilizations are built up - excellent institutions devised; but each
  time something goes wrong.  Some fatal flaw always brings the selfish
  and cruel people to the top, and then it all slides back into misery
  and ruin.  In fact, the machine conks.  It seems to start up all
  right and runs a few yards, and then it breaks down.

> Fortunately, c.l.p. seems still to be in it's prime.

Right.  If the British Empire had a run of only a few yards, then we
have much to hope for once c.l.p. gets properly rolling!