GCC libraries and Python/ftplib

Martin v. Loewis martin at v.loewis.de
Thu Aug 1 13:15:23 EDT 2002

Al <spohn at nospam.mayo.edu> writes:

> ImportError: ld.so.1: /usr/local/bin/python: fatal: libgcc_s.so.1: open
> failed: No such file or directory
>
> Does this mean I need to install the GNU/gcc stuff?

libgcc_s.so.1 is a really small shared library introduced with GCC
3. You can find it as part of the libgcc 3.1 package on sunfreeware.com.
You can throw away all other files in that package.

Make sure ld.so.1 will find libgcc_s, by modifying LD_LIBRARY_PATH or
putting libgcc_s.so.1 into, say, /lib (although Solaris sysadmins will
shoot me for that advise :-)

Regards,
Martin