2.2.1c2 test_fcntl hangs

Jochen Küpper jochen at unc.edu
Sat Apr 6 17:22:42 EST 2002

On 06 Apr 2002 23:57:46 +0200 Martin v Loewis wrote:

Martin> "Jochen Küpper" <jochen at unc.edu> writes:

>> | Traceback (most recent call last):
>> |   File "Lib/test/test_fcntl.py", line 38, in ?
>> |     rv = fcntl.fcntl(f.fileno(), fcntl.F_SETLKW, lockdata)
>> | KeyboardInterrupt
>> `----
>>
>> This is RedHat-7.0 with all updates + gcc-3.0.4. Python is

Martin> On a local file system, or through NFS?

Through NFS, mounted with /default/ from a RedHat-7.1 machine...

Martin> Is there any chance that anybody else was holding locks to the
Martin> test file at the same time?

No, I don't think anybody else was holding a lock on that file, as
this is inside my $HOME hierarchy.

Greetings,
Jochen
    Liberté, Égalité, Fraternité                GnuPG key: 44BCCD8E
        Sex, drugs and rock-n-roll