Thanks and kudos to Python core team (was Re: Booleans, integer division,backwards compatibility; where is Python going?)

Philip Swartzleonard starx at pacbell.net
Thu Apr 11 01:33:28 EDT 2002

Geoff Gerrietts || Wed 10 Apr 2002 08:12:41p:

> Quoting Peter Hansen (peter at engcorp.com):
>> I'd like to take this opportunity to at least thank the developers,
>> bots included, and other contributors (in the most heartfelt way I
>> can without sending large cash contributions) for all the blood,
>> sweat and keypresses they've put into this phenomenal project.
>
> I'll echo that.
>
> I owe a lot more thanks than I've delivered, and probably a bunch more
> in the way of apologies than I've offered. Tim and Guido have both
> personally helped me out of tight spots when I've run into them,
> despite my semi-annual conservative whining.
>
> I think that the community has a very high quality, despite the
> occassional disgruntled voice or fearful citizen, and that reflects on
> how easy the development team makes it to trust their judgement.
>
> It's easy to get caught up in arguing the technical merits of this
> widget or that feature and lose sight of why we're all here: python is
> an excellent language with an amazingly clear syntax and so much
> expressive power you almost can't use it all.
>
> It's a project that's worth contributing to, for sure.

I must say I am impressed by a project with such a interactive crew out
here in the public. Nothing fosters good feelings about a project's life
as much as a good presense, i think.

Geoff again:
> We're leeches (so far) but at least we're very grateful leeches.

If programming lanugages were like cities and had sports teams...

In-rec-games-roguelike-devel-us-python-users-outnumber-ruby-users-2-to-
1-ly-yrz (two of us, one of them, afaict =)

--
Philip Sw "Starweaver" [rasx] :: www.rubydragon.com