Thanks and kudos to Python core team (was Re: Booleans, integer division,backwards compatibility; where is Python going?)

Peter Hansen peter at engcorp.com
Thu Apr 11 01:41:49 EDT 2002

Lumberjack wrote:

> Peter Hansen <peter at engcorp.com> wrote:
> > I'm dismayed by comments attacking the core developers when made
> > by people who have not contributed more than I or my team have.
> > Beggars can't be choosers, and nobody likes a whiner...
>
> This incorrectly labeled "troll" has made small monetary and other
> contributions to the advancement of Python. And a larger investment in
> using the language.

I suspect I've made a rather significantly larger investment in using the
language, and yet I'm willing to keep my yap shut most of the time
on language issues with which I have some disagreement because
I haven't made any significant contributions.  It sounds like you
have not either.

In any case what's your point?  You have every right, and
apparently the strong motivation, to fork off your own branch
of the language and continue development in your own fashion.
Surely that will let you demonstrate how to bring legitimacy
in ways the current project leads have not been able...

So I suggest you take my advice, and fork off.

-Peter