Python/Linux

Robert Oschler Oschler at earthlink.net
Mon Apr 1 01:38:55 EST 2002

Gerhard,

Nah, I installed Linux to be my vacation from redmondland, thank you kindly
:)  Richard Jones (other poster on this thread) seems to like Quanta Gold
and says it works well with Zope so I'll check that out.  Mozilla?  SUSE 7.3
Pro installs Netscape 4.67 by default.  What's so special about Mozilla
(blue oyster cult).

What's with all the stuff in your sig?  Especially the last one that looks
like a LISP statement.  I'm feeling a bit of "sig envy".

thx

Gerhard Häring <gerhard at bigfoot.de> wrote in message
news:slrnaafotk.8j8.gerhard at lilith.my-fqdn.de...

> If neither of these meets your requirements, and you have a decently
> powered computer, you could try emulating Windows software like
> Dreamweaver under Linux. Unfortunately, vmWare has gotten quite
> expensive, but there's a much cheaper alternative, of which the name
> currently escapes me, but I think it's in the EUR 100 price range.
>
> Or just get a Mac with OS X instead, then you'll have a Unix and can
> still run Dreamweaver and Photoshop ;-)
>
> Gerhard
> --
> mail:   gerhard <at> bigfoot <dot> de       registered Linux user #64239
> web:    http://www.cs.fhm.edu/~ifw00065/    OpenPGP public key id 86AB43C0
> public key fingerprint: DEC1 1D02 5743 1159 CD20  A4B6 7B22 6575 86AB 43C0
> reduce(lambda x,y:x+y,map(lambda
x:chr(ord(x)^42),tuple('zS^BED\nX_FOY\x0b')))