Python/Linux

Gerhard Häring gerhard at bigfoot.de
Mon Apr 1 01:50:36 EST 2002

Robert Oschler wrote in comp.lang.python:
> What's so special about Mozilla

Short version:
Netscape 4.x sucks a**. Mozilla rocks.

Long version: Mozilla is a complete rewrite of a new HTML renderer
called Gecko, that is up to todays standards and actually understands
HTML 4.x, XHTML, (most of) CSS level 2, XML and does client-side
XSL-transformations. Netscape 4.x only understands technologies from
the last millenium (CSS level 1, HTML up to 4.x). Also, the
mailreader, newsreader and HTML editor were completely rewritten. So
see this as a new browser, not anything like that old beast that is
Netscape 4.x. There's a commercially branded and qa-ed version called
Netscape 6.x that also comes with lots of very important AOL software
;-)

> What's with all the stuff in your sig?  Especially the last one that
> looks like a LISP statement.  I'm feeling a bit of "sig envy".

Obfuscated Python - try it out in your Python interpreter :-)

Cheers,

Gerhard
--
mail:   gerhard <at> bigfoot <dot> de       registered Linux user #64239
web:    http://www.cs.fhm.edu/~ifw00065/    OpenPGP public key id 86AB43C0