wxPython / Your Experiences in large project ???

Henrik Weber Henrik.Weber at sys.aok.de
Mon Apr 8 08:48:57 EDT 2002

> When i see boa constructor i'm a litle bit afraid... but it doesn't mean
> that it's a problem of wxPython. Also when i make some tests of wxPython
> with idle or pythonwin i have often big scratch (whitout python log). But
> i have never theses scratch if i run my script from the command line.
>
> The opinion of an experienced user of wxPython would be welcome !

The problem with Pythonwin (and Idle?) has something to do with
conflicting event loops. Pythonwin has it's own event loop and a
wxPython application has one as well. They get into the way of each
other when you run the wxPython app from Pythonwin.

I'm not an experienced user of wxPython but you may find some on the
wxWindows mailing list.