Python and Zope

Oleg Broytmann phd at phd.pp.ru
Mon Sep 10 05:08:22 EDT 2001

On Sun, Sep 09, 2001 at 08:31:32PM +0000, Tim Hammerquist wrote:
> Make sure you know what CGI is.  CGI is _not_ anything that spawns
> another process.

   I know. I know very well what is CGI, what is apache module, and what is
web-application server.

> Zope can ride on top of an Apache server using mod_pcgi, described at

   As the author of mod_pcgi2 I can assure you are completely wrong. Zope
does not "ride on top" of Apache. The module just connects to the already
running Zope. If Zope is not running, and the module was configured to
start it - the module will start Zope. But Zope will be started as a
separate process, not inside Aapche.

> Zope may very well be the best at
> what it does, but let's just make sure we _know_ what it does.

   Many of us know it well.

Oleg.
----
     Oleg Broytmann            http://phd.pp.ru/            phd at phd.pp.ru