New Python WebMail app

Aaron Fransen aaronf at NOSPAMtelusplanet.net
Fri Sep 14 21:06:19 EDT 2001

I've never posted a "notice" before, so I don't know if this is appropriate;
if it's not please let me know and I won't do it again!

I've written a Python-based Webmail program tentatively called "GoMail".
It's not a mail server, just a web based client (that runs from a server
naturally!).

It's got address books, HTML support (like HotMail, but only on IE of
course...at least until Netscape and Opera suppor the IFRAME tag), a full
Calendar and Scheduler application (including viewing busy times,
administrators etc.) and the like.

It's GPL, and uses mod_python, Apache, and MySQL for it's various services.

I haven't quite finished the documentation, but the install and admin docs
are pretty much done (now I just have to get the user docs going!).

Still reading? It's at http://gomail.dynu.com

I've been testing it at my company where I work for two months just to work
out the kinks, and it seems pretty stable to me, but if you try it let me
know your thoughts.

Thanks!

Aaron Fransen
The GoMail Guy